Content Related Links
Only faults contained within the limits of the public road in Aberdeen City should be reported. Any faults relating to sewerage or sewage should be reported to Scottish Water .
Emergency faults should be reported at any time on 08456 08 09 19 or 01224 219 281.
- Capital Programme 2015-16
- Reporting a Roads Defect - What happens next?
- Road Safety Inspection Manual
- Roads Improvements Leaflet
If you discover a road defect you should report this to us as soon as possible.
Road defects include faults such as potholes and blocked drains.
This can be done by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 03000 200 292 or report online using the Online Fault Reporting System on this web site.
Emergency defects should be reported at any time on 03000 200 292 and will be made safe within 2 to 24 hours.
When you report a defect, there are a number of possible outcomes. For more details on this or to answer any other questions you may have, please see our FAQ's below.
Report a concern via our Report It page.
We are providing our customers with the opportunity to help us improve how our services are delivered.
You are invited to take part in a variety of ways to contribute and give your feedback. If you are interested
in helping us reshape and develop our services please register now by selecting the link above.
Back to the Roads and Pavements home page.
- Phone: 03000 200 292
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will happen when I report a defect?
- What are defects?
- When reporting a defect to you, what information do I need to give?
- I have reported a serious pothole and it has not been filled, why not?
- Apart from potholes, what other kinds of issues should I report to you?
- Are there any roads, footways or cycleways that the Roads Service is not responsible for maintaining?
- Should I contact you regarding damaged or dislodged manhole covers?
- If I report a serious problem and it has not been repaired, how long should I wait before contacting you again?
- Why do potholes sometimes come back after being repaired?
- What should I do if there is a serious fault on a private road, path or footway?