Content Related Links
- Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route
- Crane/Cherry Picker Application Form
- Driveway Application
- Dropped Kebs/Footway Crossing
- Intelligent Transport Systems Unit (Traffic Lights)
- Road Drainage
- Road Safety & Traffic Management Advice
- Road Surface Maintenance (potholes)
- Scaffolding Application
- Street Occupation Application
- Union Street Pedestrianisation
- Winter Maintenance (Snow Clearance)
Roadworks, Road Closures and Diversions
Road Closures and Diversions
Information about road closures and diversions and other work affecting roads in Aberdeen is available through the link below.
Traffic restrictions can be implemented by us using a temporary traffic measure. The most common forms of restrictions are:
- Temporary road closures
- Temporary speed limits
Road closures may also be required for local gala events or public gatherings. Alternative traffic routes are identified for temporary road closures were possible.
Freight Routes Through Aberdeen City
A map has been produced to help HGV drivers identify the most appropriate freight routes in Aberdeen. Principal freight routes, height, width and weight restrictions, lorry parking locations and industrial estates have all been highlighted to guide drivers directly to their destinations. Find out more, including downloadable maps, from the following page:
Predicted journey times for selected routes in Aberdeen may be found at:
Back to the Roads and Pavements home page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out when and where there are road closures for events?
- How do I find out where there are road works in the city?