Park and Ride
Aberdeen City Park & Ride/Park & Choose Sites
Aberdeen City Council provides two sites on the outskirts of Aberdeen with a view to encouraging sustainable travel into Aberdeen City. The sites are situated on major routes into the City and offer facilities to assist commuters or visitors travelling into Aberdeen completing their journey by sustainable means. This may be using the bus service provided in partnership with First Aberdeen, walking, cycling or car-sharing. The goal of these sites is to offer the travelling public a choice with a view to reducing traffic levels, congestion and CO2 emissions.
Because of this range of travel options, you may hear these sites being referred to as "Park & Choose" sites as well, helping highlight that there are a range of travel options available in addition to the regular bus service. This branding will gradually replace the current "Park & Ride" branding in the future.
Kingswells Park & Ride can be accessed by turning left into the site when travelling towards Aberdeen from Westhill on the A944 approximately 100 yards before the Kingswells Roundabout. The entrance to the site is shared between the Park & Ride site and the new Prime 4 Business Park. There is also an access available from the Kingswells Bypass, around 100 yards North of the Roundabout.
Bridge of Don Park & Ride is accessed by turning off Ellon Road (A90) onto Parkway East, then right onto Exhibition Avenue which takes you right to the site.
- Both Kingswells and Bridge of Don sites have indoor waiting areas which are open from approximately 07:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday.
- The indoor waiting rooms are lit throughout, are heated and have ample seating to make the wait for your bus more comfortable. Accessible toilets are available at both sites when the waiting rooms are open. There is no charge for the use of these facilities.
- Cycle lockers are available for rental at both sites. To obtain further information please contact our Transport Strategy Team on 01224 522 756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electric Vehicle Charging Point
- A two vehicle charging point is available at Kingswells near to the waiting room. This is a Standard Rate (32A 7kW) charging point which if your vehicle can make full use of the supply will be able to fully charge the battery in around six hours. Please consult your vehicle documentation for further details on expected charging times.
Further details on the network of electric vehicle charging points in Aberdeen can be found on the following page: Electric Vehicle Charging Points.
First Aberdeen X40 and Stagecoach Bluebird X18 provide Park and Ride bus services.
Both Bridge of Don and Kingswells Park and Choose sites are served by First Aberdeen service X40, this operates between Dubford and Kingswells via Bridge of Don Park & Choose, Aberdeen City Centre (running the full length of Union Street), Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Kingswells Park & Choose.The service operates from Kingswells to Dubford along the same route in reverse.
The service X40 operates Monday - Saturday, with a bus approximately every 15 minutes during peak hours and a bus every 30 minutes during the off-peak.
Kingswells Park & Choose is also served by Stagecoach service X18, this operates between Union Square and Kingswells Park & Choose with hourly connections to Westhill, Elrick, Dunecht and Alford.
The service X18 operates Monday to Saturday up to every 20 minutes.
Bus Services operate from/to the Park and Choose sites approximately between the hours of 06:00 and 19:00 Monday to Saturday.
Outwith these times, other bus services are available which pass near to the sites along the A90 Ellon Road for the Bridge of Don site, and along the A944 Skene Road or Fairley Road for the Kingswells site, so it is still possible to make use of the sites later into the evenings or on Sundays.
Tickets for travel on these bus services should be bought from the driver on the bus (there is no charge for the use of the car park) or season passes can be purchased in advance from the bus operator. Please note that there are no change facilities on site and First Aberdeen services operate an exact fare service. Stagecoach Bluebird bus services have change facilities on board.
For ticket options, timetables and further information please refer to the bus operator websites:
- First Aberdeen
- Stagecoach Bluebird
- For real-time information on bus services to these sites, please visit Real Time Travel.
- For journey planning information, please visit Traveline Scotland.
- For more information on the waiting facilities or to report a fault, please telephone 03000 200 292
- For more information on the Cycle Lockers or Electric Vehicle Charging Points please contact our Transport Strategy Team on 0300 200 292or email email@example.com.
- For further information about sustainable travel options in Aberdeen such as cycling or car-sharing, please visit GetAbout.
Back to the Public Transport home page.