Cashless parking in Aberdeen City is transferring to RingGo between 21 and 24 April 2017.
RingGo is a quick, easy to use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine. Instead of having to find the right change for a pay and display machine, you can simply use your mobile phone.
If you currently use Pay by phone parking in Aberdeen and are not already registered with RingGo, you will need to provide your details to the new service.
How do I register with RingGo?
You can register with RingGo either by using the RingGo smartphone app (downloadable free of charge either through your handset or from the relevant store) or on the internet at RingGo Register.
When you register for the service you will be asked to provide:
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle.
- Your payment card details.
Alternatively you can register at the same time you want to park, via the RingGo app or by calling 01224 510 510.
Paying to park with RingGo - Information
Once registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have given previously. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- The location code where you are parked. Each area offering RingGo has its own four or five digit location number.
- Local signs provide this information. In the image right, the location code would be 85855. The length of time you want to park, and
- Your payment card 3 digit security code.
Please visit RingGo Locations to see all the location numbers in your area and across the UK.
Extending your parking session
Unlike normal parking sessions, you can remotely top up your parking fee when you use RingGo.
If you want to extend your stay, simply contact RingGo again and the service will ask you:
- How long you want to extend
- What your card security code is The RingGo system automatically recognises that you have a parking session currently operating.
For general information about RingGo please visit RingGo.
Back to the Car Parks and Parking Charges page.