In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Content Related Links
Applying for a Garage or Parking Space
How to Apply
If you wish to rent a garage or parking space you must complete an application form. Download a copy from the link to the right. You can also call in to pick one up at the Marischal College Customer Service Centre. Alternatively you can telephone the Selections Section on direct dial 01224 523790 so that an application can be sent out to you.
You should complete and return the application form to the Selections Section. On the form you should detail where you want the Garage or Parking Space. Depending on your circumstances and where you want the garage or parking space your application will be placed in one of the 12 groups detailed below.
Paying Garage and Parking Space Rent Online
- Aberdeen City Council (ACC) tenant living in a block/housing development (with specifically designated spaces, e.g. Denburn Court, Linksfield Court) with no other parking space or requiring a Transfer.
- ACC tenant living in the area (with no other lock-up/parking space) or requiring a Transfer.
- Applicant, who is not a current ACC Tenant, living in the area (with no other lock-up/parking space) or requiring a Transfer.
- Motorbike owner living in the area.
- Out of area applicant, ACC tenant (with no other lock-up/parking space) or requiring a transfer.
- Out of area applicant, non-ACC tenant (with no other lock-up/parking space) and all out of area motorbike owners, or requiring a transfer.
- Applicant who resides outwith Aberdeen City
- ACC tenant living in the area but requires a second lock-up/parking space
- Non-ACC tenant living in the area but requires a second lock-up/parking space
- Out of area applicant, ACC tenant but requires a second lock-up/parking space
- Out of area applicant, Non - ACC tenant but requires a second lock-up/parking space
- Business Rental
How Garages and Parking Spaces are Allocated
Allocations are made from the waiting list with GROUP 'A' having greatest priority through to GROUP 'K' with the lowest. Within groups offers are made to those who have been waiting the longest.
You should note that a garage or parking space cannot be allocated to applicant/partner who does not own a car or to an applicant with a company car which is not used for domestic purposes.
- Selections Section
Housing and Environment
Business Hub 3
Ground Floor South
Phone: 01224 523790
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be a council tenant if I want to rent a garage or a lockup from the council?
- How much does it cost to rent a garage or lockup from the council?
- How much notice is needed to give up the rent on my garage/lockup?
- Where are the garages and lockups that the council rents out?