In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
The Blue Badge SchemeThe Blue Badge Scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with:
- Severe walking difficulties who travel either as drivers or passengers.
- Registered blind people.
- People with very severe upper limb disabilities who regularly drive a vehicle but cannot turn a steering wheel by hand.
The scheme allows badge holders to park closer to their destination, but the national concessions apply only to on-street parking.
How to apply
For more detailed information or to apply for a badge online, visit the Blue Badge Scotland web site.
Application forms are also available from:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Mastrick Access Point
- Woodside Access Point
Access points also accept and verify application forms.
Note: There is a £20.00 charge for issue of a badge - this will be requested upon approval for issue of a badge and payment should not be sent with your application.
- Traffic Engineering Manager
Blue Badge Scheme of Parking for Disabled and Blind People
Enterprise Planning & Infrastructure
74 - 76 Spring Garden
Phone: 01224 538048
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have a temporary blue badge/disabled parking badge?
- Can I have more than one badge?
- Can I take my badge abroad?
- Do I need to fill out a new form every time I want to renew my blue badge?
- How do I display my badge?
- How long does the blue badge/disabled parking badge last?
- How long will it take for me to receive my Blue Badge?
- How much does it cost for a blue badge/disabled parking badge?
- I cannot access a photobooth – what should I do?
- I can't carry shopping anymore. Can I apply for a Blue Badge?
- I don't drive anymore. Can I still apply for a badge?
- I go to the chemist/supermarket etc for a badge holder. Can I use this badge to park close by?
- I have a blue disabled parking badge and neighbours consistently park in front of my property. What can I do?
- I have had an operation. Can I have a temporary Badge?
- If I have a Blue Badge, can I park anywhere?
- Is everyone required to provide photographs to accompany their application?
- My child has disabilities. At what age can he/she have a badge?
- What benefits do you have to be receiving to automatically qualify for a blue badge?
- What do I do if I think a Badge is being mis-used?
- What do I do if my Blue Badge is lost, stolen or faded?
- What is the Blue Badge scheme?
- What should I do with the Blue Badge/disabled parking badge for someone who has died?
- Why do I have to re-apply for a badge every 3 years?