Content Related Links
- Blue Badge Application Form
- Blue Badge Application Guidance Notes
- Blue Badge Handbook
- Lost or Stolen Blue Badge Replacement Request Form
The Blue Badge SchemeThe Blue Badge Scheme is for people with:
- Severe walking difficulties who travel either as drivers or passengers.
- Registered blind people.
- People with very severe upper limb disabilities who regularly drive a vehicle but cannot turn a steering wheel by hand.
- Mental Disorder / Cognitive Impairment (Pilot)
The scheme allows badge holders to park closer to their destination, but the national concessions apply only to on-street parking.
You can also find out more by downloading our Blue Badge Handbook
Mental Disorder / Cognitive Impairment (Pilot)
Transport Scotland are always looking at ways to improve the Blue Badge Service and how best to serve all disabled persons. Up until 2016 only disabled persons in the UK who had mobility issues would qualify for a Blue Badge under the current scheme. Persons with a mental disability or cognitive impairment may not qualify if the impairment did not accompany a mobility issue. Transport Scotland set up a chair group to look at whether disabled persons resident in Scotland who have a mental disability or cognitive impairment should be eligible. As of 1st April 2016 a new pilot scheme was launched to allow those affected to apply under the new Pilot Scheme Extension and they would, if successful, be issued with a Blue Badge for 1 year only. Since its launch Aberdeen City Council has had 30 successful applications and a great many people find benefit in the service. The Pilot Scheme is due for review in April 2017 with the hope of making it a permanent feature of the Blue Badge Scheme in Scotland. This scheme is still open to applicants who would qualify under this system, with successful applicants being issued with a badge for 1 year only.
How to apply
Please note that applications cannot be saved on this website if they are only partially complete
For more detailed information or to apply for a badge online, visit the Blue Badge Scotland web site.
Application forms are also available from:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Mastrick Access Point
- Woodside Access Point
Access points also accept and verify application forms.
You can also download a pdf copy here:
Note: There is a £20.00 charge for issue of a badge - this will be requested upon approval for issue of a badge and payment should not be sent with your application.
Blue Badge Application Scam
It has come to the attention of Aberdeen City Council that there is a scam website offering to help people apply for a Blue Badge for £49.
The scam website requires you to pay the £49 up-front for which the information that is provided is not passed on to Aberdeen City Council. Applicants who have used this scam have then innocently went to track their application and find that it is non existent. You will then have to apply to the council and still be required to pay the £20 fee if your application is successful.
Applying directly will only cost you £20 if your application is successful.
Applications for a Blue Badge should be made through the GOV.UK website which is a free service or you can contact Aberdeen City Council directly where we will send you an application form for free.
If you have any doubts about a website or your application, contact the Blue Badge Team to get more information or advice about the Blue Badge scheme on 03000 200 292
- Blue Badge Team
Business Hub 11
Second Floor West
Phone: 03000 200 292
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have more than one badge?
- Do I need to re-apply and fill out a new application form every time my current badge is due to expire and I wish to renew it?
- How will I know when to renew my Blue Badge?
- Why must I be assessed if I do not qualify automatically and how will I know if I need to go for a Further Assessment?
- Once I've made a payment, how long will it take for me to receive my new Blue Badge?
- I don't hold a Blue Badge but I go on errands for a badge holder. Can I use their badge to park close by?
- I don't drive any more. Can I still apply for a Blue Badge?
- I have a Blue Badge and neighbours consistently park in front of my property. What can I do?
- What do I do if I think a Badge is being misused?
- What do I do if my Blue Badge is lost or stolen?