Content Related Links
Aberdeen Art Gallery
Aberdeen Art Gallery, Cowdray Hall and the Remembrance Hall complex of buildings have closed for a major redevelopment, reopening Winter 2017.
During the building work we're looking forward to welcoming visitors to a continuing programme of art and music at our two museum venues, The Tolbooth Museum and Aberdeen Maritime Museum. Collections will also be seen at other venues in the city and shire and on loan to other organisations in the UK and abroad.
Our new programme of History and Art exhibitions can be seen at Aberdeen Maritime Museum, complemented by a series of expert talks. The Cowdray Hall's popular weekly Lunchbreak Concerts will have a new temporary home at the Aberdeen Citadel with several concerts also taking place at St Andrew's Cathedral.
We are pleased to be working with the National Trust for Scotland to show work from the Collections in a new specially created gallery at Drum Castle. Staff have also been working with the local business community to take contemporary art works to an even wider audience within retail outlets in the city.
Looking further afield curators are involved in an exciting programme which will see works from the Collections on display at home and abroad including the Stanley Spencer Gallery, Cookham, The Fleming Collection, London and Drents Museum in the Netherlands.
We are currently unable to respond to enquiries, requests for access to the collections, loans to organisations or requests for curator-led talks until further notice.
Access to collections and reference materials is not possible as we pack all of our stored collections and create a new storage facility at Granitehill, Northfield, Aberdeen which will open to the public later this year.Back to the Aberdeen City Museums and Galleries home page.
Aberdeen Art Gallery is closed for a major redevelopment and refurbishment from Spring 2015 to Winter 2017.
See the city's art collection in exhibitions at Aberdeen Maritime Museum, Drum Castle and at other venues across Britain and Europe. Keep checking our website to find out more www.aagm.co.uk
- Aberdeen Art Gallery Phone: 03000 200 293
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take a photograph in Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums?
- Can you tell me if there are parking facilities at the Museum and if not where is the best place to park?
- Could you tell me if there is disabled parking outside the Aberdeen Art Gallery? Where can I park and for how long?
- I am a local artist based in Aberdeen, I was wondering if you had any exhibition space available in the near future, as I would like to exhibit some of my work.
- I am pursuing a career in the curatorial field, and I would appreciate any information concerning summer internship opportunities at Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums.
- I am trying to trace family records. My grandfather/relative was a trawl fisherman in Aberdeen. Can you help me search for details?
- I have a painting I purchased from a gallery in London. Would you be interested in reselling it for me as I no longer have space for it?
- I would like a print of a painting in the full size of the original. Please advise if this is possible and the cost. I have printed out the order form for a digital photographic print, but am confused about the meaning of the sizes A4 and A3.
- I would like to have wedding reception at the Art Gallery.
- I would like to order a high quality digital image for publication.
- I would like to organise a visit of the museum followed by a lunch. Please could you send me a proposal with rates? Is it possible to privatise the venue during the visit and the lunch?
- I would like to purchase a copy of an exhibition catalogue.
- I would like to purchase a digital print of a painting. How can I order?