Content Related Links
Older Peoples Sign Posting Project
Working with Older people in YOUR community!
How many times have you found out something important and useful by chance, from someone in the shops, or on the street or in the bus queue? The Sign Posters Project is about using local connections and situations to give people information about services which could help and improve their quality of life.
Sign Posters are not experts but if there's an issue, they know which agency will help and with permission, will make contact with that agency so they can meet with you and take things further.
The Sign Posters Project works with older people to encourage them to take up benefits and services that can improve their health and well being, for example:
- Help with benefits: Full benefit review i.e. pension credits, and help to complete the application forms
- Debt management and borrowing: Fuel debt, and advice and low cost loans
- Saving Money: Low cost foods, saving options
- Getting back to work: If you're looking for work there are a range of organisations in the community to help
- In the Home: Home insulation, fuel meters, fuel suppliers, repairs, improvements and central heating
The Sign Posters Project is funded by Aberdeen City Council and Age Scotland and is managed by VSA and is working in partnership with the Cash in your Pocket Partnership.
Are you interested in becoming a Sign Poster? Please see the contacts section below.
Back to the Older People and Rehabilitation home page.
- Dennis Moore
Phone: 01224 358636