Content Related Links
- Community Meals Service - What to expect when you are discharged from hospital
- Provision of Community Meals - Care at home and housing support
This service is now provided by Bon Accord Care. For more information, please call 01224 218300.
Community Meals are provided by Social Care and Wellbeing for service users who are elderly or disabled. Each meal consists of 2 courses, either soup and a main course or a main course and pudding. Special diets can be catered for e.g. diabetic, vegetarian, halal, kosher.
The meals are delivered by Wiltshire Farm Foods every two weeks to the customer. The customer pays the delivery driver for the meals and places their next order. For more information about Wiltshire Farm Foods go to their website by clicking: Wiltshire Farm Foods
If a service user does not have a freezer to store their meals or a steam heater/microwave to cook them, these will be provided by the Council on loan and free of charge.
Referrals to the service can be made in person, or by doctors, health visitors, district nurses, social workers, carers, relatives or friends. A social work or health care professional will then assess your needs.
- Cost for two course meal £2.85
For more information about Community Care services in Aberdeen City go to the Care Management web page.
The contact details below are the correct ones. The contact details on the attached leaflets are out of date and will be updated soon.
Back to the Older People and Rehabilitation home page.
- Eating Well Advisor
Community Meals Service
1st Floor Archibald Simpson House
27-29 King Street
Phone: 01224 218329
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can special diets or food requirements be catered for with the community meals service?
- How are meals delivered?
- How many meals can I have?
- How much does the Community Meals service cost?
- How often can I have the community meals service delivered?
- I am having difficulty preparing my meal and I feel perhaps I need help with this also, what do I do?
- I am not sure about how to use a microwave. Does that mean I cannot have the meals?
- I don't have a freezer can I still get the meals?
- What type of meal is it?
- Who do I contact to find out about the community meals service?
- Who is eligible for the Community Meals service?