Content Related Links
Children's Rights Service
The main functions of the service are:
- To provide information about rights and responsibilities
- Assist the child/young person in making complaints and offer support and advice through the process
- Help young people present their views at meetings such as Children's Hearings and other meetings
- Ensure that young people know about the complaints procedure and how to use it.
The service provided by the Children's Rights Officers is available to children and young people who are or have been looked after and accommodated by Aberdeen City Council. The Children's Rights Officers work as part of the Children's Quality Team to:
- Help young people represent their views at meetings such as Children's Hearings and Looked After Children Reviews.
- Encourage young people to contribute to the improvement of services offered by Aberdeen City Council.
A drop-in service is not provided but an answer phone is in operation. The contact telephone numbers for the services are listed below. Please see contact details below. Other useful contact numbers are:
- Who Cares? Scotland 0141 2264441
- The Line (Childline for Children in Care) 0800 884444
- Childline 0800 1111
- Scottish Child Law Centre 0131 6676333
- Children's Rights Service
Social Care and Wellbeing
Business Hub 8
1st Floor North
Phone: 01224 523037 / 523509
Freephone: 0800 298 3363
Back to the Children's Services home page.