Content Related Links
- Early Learning and Childcare Training Programme: September 2016 – June 2017
- Guide to Education and Children's Services 2017 - 2018
Family Information Service (FIS)
The Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, comprehensive and up-to-date information and advice about all services for children, young people and their families in Aberdeen. Our directory of services is for parents, carers, young people and professionals. We hold information on a wide range of services including:
- Childcare (childminders, nurseries and out of school care)
- Education (primary schools, secondary schools, nursery schools and education support services)
- Family Support Services (social care & wellbeing services, housing & homelessness, bereavement, divorce, counselling, general health, domestic abuse, drugs and alcohol, employment, financial help, libraries, sport, and parent and toddler groups)
- Additional Support Needs (disabilities, complex health needs, respite care, disability sport, supported child care)
- Opportunities for 16 - 19 year olds (employment, education, volunteering, support services, community projects, mental health)
Is your child 2 years old? If so, you could get 600 hours a year of free Early Learning and Childcare with 'Me 2'. Please follow the link for more information:
Family Information Service external website
For more information, please visit the dedicated Family Information Service website.
- Family Information Service (FIS)
All enquiries are confidential
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Level 2 North
Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
Text: 07825 053136
Phone: 03000 200 293 option 6 (Mon-Fri.10am-4pm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get a list of childminders in my area?
- How do I find a registered childminder?
- How much can I expect to pay for my childcare?
- I am moving into the region and need childcare urgently. Where can I find information?
- I am unhappy with the care that my child is receiving at the nursery school s/he is attending. What should I do?
- I need a playgroup and an Out of School Care Club. Who can give me information?
- I want to become a childminder. What do I need to do?
- Where is the nearest Parent and Toddler Group?