Content Related Links
- Aberdeen City Adult Protection Committee Biennial Report 2012 -2014
- Adult Support & Protection Reporting Form
- Biennial Report of the Adult Protection Committee
- Supporting and Protecting Adults From Harm - Easy Read Version
- Supporting and Protecting Adults from Harm leaflet
- Grampian Supporting and Protecting Adults from Harm Policy
- Act Against Harm
- APC Biennial Reports 2010-2012 and Ministerial Response
- APC Minutes February 2013
- Biennial reports 2010-2012: A detailed review
- Biennial reports 2010-2012: A Summary of Main Themes
- Guidance on the Involvement of GPs in Multi-Agency Protection Arrangements
Supporting and Protecting Adults at Risk of Harm
Who are Adults at Risk?
People aged 16 and over who are unable to protect themselves from harm because of a disability, mental disorder, illness, physical or mental infirmity.
What is Harm?
Harm may be:
Harm may happen anywhere
Who may cause harm?
- Relatives and family
- Professional staff
- Paid care workers
- Other service users
Anybody may cause harm
What should you do?
- Make sure the adult is safe
- If immediate help is needed dial 999
- Contact one of the services mentioned listed below, complete our online reporting form, or use the Adult Support & Protection Reporting Form template to tell us who you are concerned about.
What will I be asked?
You will be asked who you are calling about and why you are concerned. You might be asked how you know the adult involved.
You do not need to give your name if you do not wish to.
What happens next?
The Council has a duty to investigate an alleged incident of harm. Other professionals may be involved, for example police officers or health services. The investigation will be handled as sensitively as possible. The adult will be listened to and their wishes considered. If the concerns are serious the Council will act immediately to make sure the adult is safe.
Your concerns will be treated with the respect and attention they deserve.
Don't leave it to someone else to do it might be too late!
Aberdeen City Adult Protection Committee
- APC Remit
- APC Communication Strategy
- APC Multi-Agency Learning and Development Strategy
- APC Serious Case Review Protocol
- APC Adults at Risk of Harm
Adult Protection Contact Numbers
- Aberdeen City Council Social Work Duty Team: 01224 522 055
- Aberdeen City Council Social Work Out of Hours: 01224 693 936
- Police Scotland 101
- Care Inspectorate: 01224 79 38 70
If you wish further information, the Grampian Policy for the Support and Protection of Adults at Risk of Harm can be found here: Grampian Policy for the Support and Protection of Adults at Risk of Harm.
- Social Work Duty Team
Business Hub 3
Ground Floor South
Phone: 01224 522 055
- Out of Hours Service
Social Care and Wellbeing
Business Hub 8
First Floor North
Phone: 01224 693 936
Fax: 01224 66 39 56