Planning and Building Standards
I want to...
- Comment on and/or object to a Planning Application.
- Apply online to submit a planning application.
- Apply online to submit a building warrant application.
- Search all planning, building standards applications and find decisions.
- For customers who know what form they need and can not apply online.
- Search our list of planning applications submitted this week.
- Application forms for building warrants, alterations, extensions and conversions.
Planning and Building Standards Help Desk
Opening Hours 8:30am - 5:00pm
Telephone 01224 523470
Or drop into Marischal College to speak to a Duty Planning/Building Standards Officer or the Application Support Team, available for general inquiries including viewing and dropping off plans.
Correspondence by Royal Mail
For all correspondence please quote your full postal address including postcode. Please note that without the postcode we will be unable to respond to your correspondence because of requirements imposed by Royal Mail.
Further details are available in the: Royal Mail Charter
As of November 2016 we are able to offer the option of paying online for:
- Planning Applications and Building Standards Applications
Press Advert Fees
EIA Press Advert Fees
Copies for both Planning and Building Standards
High Hedges Fees
Letter of Comfort
Licensing - Section 50
Aberdeen Local Developments Plan
Property Enquiry Certificates
Property History Reports
Please see the following link:
Planning and Building Standards Performance
Click here for details.
Have you recently used our service?
We are continually looking for ways to improve the service we provide to our customers. One way we achieve this is by asking for your views through our online questionnaires below. Your feedback is extremely valuable in helping us improve the service we provide. All responses will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you don't want to fill in a questionnaire you can always email your comments and suggestions to email@example.com
To find out how your feedback is changing the way we do things along with our survey results please go to:
Legal Agreements Templates
The Council's Legal and Planning teams have put in place standard templates for legal agreements associated with planning permission and planning permission in principle under Section 75 of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 (as amended). It is expected that this will improve the consistency, certainty and speed of finalisation of legal agreements and, thereby, the efficiency and effectiveness of the planning process.
Please note that as of 16 January 2017 the templates will form the basis for the drafting of all new Section 75 legal agreements. Legal agreements that are already been agreed in draft form will not have to be changed. The templates are available to view at the following links:
Planning Aid for Scotland
PAS is an independent charity which aims to help people understand and engage with the planning system. It provides a free, impartial and professional advice service to help individuals and community groups.
You might like to view...
- Information, advice and application forms for building warrants, alterations, extensions and conversions.
- Find details of our Conservation areas: areas of special architectural and historical interest.
- Aberdeen's network of core paths will benefit people by providing a framework of routes for recreation and for travel.
- Our natural environment consists of a variety of wildlife species and habitats. Access information about it here.
- From award winning parks to riverside walks, a coastal path, forest trails and informal routes throughout the City.
- The Local Development Plan identifies proposals for the development and use of land for a period of 10 years from adoption.
- Information on travelling to and from Aberdeen, cycling and tips on reducing vehicle emissions.
- Working with the community, agencies and local businesses, Aberdeen City Council with the support of BDP have devised a draft City Centre Masterplan.
- Provides strategic co-ordination of masterplans, design advice, specialist conservation advice, and technical services.