Apply for Planning Permission
Please note for applications for planning permission (Householder, Non Householder, Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) you must fill in and submit the certificate of land ownership.
You may also be required to fill in the notice to owners and agricultural tenants form if you do not own all the land to which the application relates.
Please note that most of the form links below go to the ePlanning main page (If you require 'paper' forms the link is on the bottom right of the ePlanning web page).
Other forms referring to specific types of application open .pdf file versions of the required forms and appropriate guidance notes.
Householders Applications - e.g. house extension, replacement windows
Non-Householder Applications - e.g. new house(s) and commercial development
Advertisement Consent - e.g. for shopfronts or freestanding signs
- Advertisement Consent Form
- Advertisement Consent Guidance Notes
- Application for Consent to Display an Advertisement Banner on Union Street (pdf)
Required for any work that physically abuts or attaches itself to the listed building, as well as some internal work.
Generally for demolition of separate buildings (e.g. not attached to a house) of more than 115 cubic metres within the Conservation Area.
Pre-Application Consultation (major applications)
Required as part of the Development Management Regulations.
- Pre-application Process Guidance Notes (pdf)
- Pre-Application Screening Notice (pdf)
- Proposal of Application Notice
Can be used for new agricultural buildings or for the demolition of a dwellinghouse.
Required for any tree works for trees within a Conservation Area of if protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
Required for the siting of Hazardous Substances e.g. explosives.
- Hazardous Substances Consent
- Hazardous Substances Consent (Continuation of Consent)
- Hazardous Substances Consent (Variation of Consent)
Certificate of Lawful Use
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing Use Form
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing Use Guidance Notes
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Proposed Use Form
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Proposed Use Guidance Notes
If you require help please contact:
- Application Support Team
Planning and Sustainable Development
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 4
Phone: 01224 523470