How can we help you...

Planning Forms

Apply for Planning Permission

Please note for applications for planning permission (Householder, Non Householder, Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) you must fill in and submit the certificate of land ownership.

You may also be required to fill in the notice to owners and agricultural tenants form if you do not own all the land to which the application relates.

Please note that most of the form links below go to the ePlanning main page (If you require 'paper' forms the link is on the bottom right of the ePlanning web page).

Other forms referring to specific types of application open .pdf file versions of the required forms and appropriate guidance notes.

Householders Applications - e.g. house extension, replacement windows

Non-Householder Applications - e.g. new house(s) and commercial development

Advertisement Consent - e.g. for shopfronts or freestanding signs

Listed Buildings

Required for any work that physically abuts or attaches itself to the listed building, as well as some internal work.

Conservation Areas

Generally for demolition of separate buildings (e.g. not attached to a house) of more than 115 cubic metres within the Conservation Area.

Pre-Application Consultation (major applications)

Required as part of the Development Management Regulations.

Prior Notification

Can be used for new agricultural buildings or for the demolition of a dwellinghouse.

Planning Obligations

Tree Work

Required for any tree works for trees within a Conservation Area of if protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)

Hazardous Substances

Required for the siting of Hazardous Substances e.g. explosives.

Certificate of Lawful Use



If you require help please contact:

  • Application Support Team
    Planning and Sustainable Development
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 4
    Marischal College
    Broad Street
    AB10 1AB
    Phone: 01224 523470