Content Related Links
Aberdeen Local Development Plan
Aberdeen City Council adopted its first Local Development Plan on 29 February 2012. The Aberdeen Local Development Plan (ALDP)(2012) replaced the Aberdeen Local Plan (2008) and was the first Development Plan of its kind in Scotland.
The Local Development Plan is a vital public document which shapes the future of Aberdeen, and influences significant public and private investment in homes, businesses, shops, infrastructure and facilities. The plan and accompanying maps can be viewed and/or downloaded below along with the Environmental Report:
- Aberdeen Local Development Plan 2012
- Proposals Map
- Proposals Map (larger file size)
- Constraints Map
- Constraints Map (larger file size)
- City Centre Map
- City Centre Map (larger file size)
- Environmental Report
- Post-adoption SEA statement
As part of the Local Development Plan the City Council also prepares Supplementary Guidance and Technical Advice Notes which supports the policies contained in the Plan. Adopted Supplementary Guidance and Technical Advice Notes can be viewed on the following page. Adopted Supplementary Guidance and Technical Advice Notes can be viewed on the following page:
The Next LDP
Information on the review of the Aberdeen Local Development Plan (2012) and the preparation of our next Plan is available below:
To support the Aberdeen Local Development Plan the Action Programme sets out actions required to deliver each of the plans, policies and proposals. The second Action Programme was published on 16 May 2014 and further information is available below:
In order to stimulate discussion, encourage action and assist with mediation on the delivery of specific sites or masterplan areas identified in the Plan, the City Council has also decided to host a series of Delivery Workshops. Further details on the Workshops, and how you can apply to attend, are available here:
The Draft Housing Land Audit 2016 for Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire consultation closed on Friday 29th April 2016.
Responses to the consultation will be used to make amendments to the draft audit and a meeting will be held to discuss any outstanding issues on the morning of Tuesday 17th May 2016 at Aberdeen City Council's offices in Aberdeen. All consultees who submit a response are welcome to attend this meeting, further details will be provided nearer the time.
If you have any queries about the Audit or the consultation process, please contact Sandra Ng'ambwa on 01224 523328 or Alanna Fordyce on 01224 522279.
Other Related Information
This section contains additional information we have produced on a number of planning topics.
- Aberdeen Brownfield Urban Capacity Study 2012
- Employment Land Audit 2015
- Employment Land Audit 2014
- Employment Land Audit 2013
- Employment Land Audit 2012
- Housing Land Audit 2014
- Office and Hotel Planning Information 2015
- Office and Hotel Planning Information 2014
- Office and Hotel Planning Information 2013
- Office and Hotel Planning Information 2012
- Retail and Leisure Planning Information 2015
- 2014 Retail Centre Health Checks Report Part 1
- 2014 Retail Centre Health Checks Report Part 2
- 2014 Retail Centre Health Checks Report Appendices
- Retail and Leisure Planning Information 2013
- Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey 2014
- Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey 2013
Legal Challenge - May 2013 Update
Aberdeen City Council has welcomed news that supermarket chain Tesco Stores Limited has dropped its Supreme Court challenge to the Aberdeen Local Development Plan 2012. The challenge to the Supreme Court followed Aberdeen City Council's successful upholding of an earlier appeal to the Court of Session in October 2012. A link to the Aberdeen City Council official press statement is available here:
The Aberdeen Local Development Plan (2012) is the adopted Plan for Aberdeen City. The City Council in considering planning applications will take into account the Aberdeen Local Development Plan and other material planning considerations.
Archive information on the key stages in the preparation of the Aberdeen Local Development Plan 2012 can be viewed here: