In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Content Related Links
Abandoned vehicle reporting
Abandoned vehicles should be reported to Police Scotland in the first instance on 101.
Vehicles are only considered abandoned if they do not display a valid road tax voucher.
Removal of cars from private land is the responsibility of the landowner, Aberdeen City Council will only uplift vehicles from public spaces.
The DVLA website can be used for the reporting of unlicensed vehicles on the public highway. Alternatively you can contact the DVLA hotline on 0800 325202.
- Police Scotland
Force Headquarters, Queen Street, Aberdeen
- George Saunders
Cleansing Client Services
Phone: 01224 489348
Frequently Asked Questions
- Approximately how long does it take to remove an abandoned vehicle?
- Can I purchase a vehicle that has been abandoned?
- How do I report an abandoned vehicle?
- What information is required to report a vehicle as abandoned?
- What is an abandoned vehicle?
- Who should I report abandoned vehicles to?
- Why do people dump their old cars?