Has you home or business been affected by the recent flooding?
Funding has been provided by the Scottish Government for the Council to administer to each flood affected household, business, or community group (such as rugby clubs etc.) with a flat rate grant of £1,500 each for the following:
- To reimburse them for the opportunity cost of not receiving the full benefit of services they pay for through Council Tax /Business Rates while absent from their homes and while businesses have had their trading disrupted;
- To enable you to protect your home or business against future floods by installing new flood barriers, or by carrying out flood resilient repairs such as replacing doors and windows with water resistant alternatives, or moving electricity sockets up to a safer level, etc.
Only those households and businesses which were directly affected by the flooding during the period 29-31 December 2015 (Storm Frank) and the flooding of 07 -08 January 2016 i.e. which suffered inundation of water within their premises, will be eligible to apply for the grant.
In order to ensure that those who have suffered internal property flooding are the ones to receive the £1,500 grant evidence to support the application should be supplied. Such evidence could be:
- Photographs / videos of property flooding.
- Independent report e.g. from an insurance company that visited after the event.
If you are unable to provide any of the evidence detailed above, we may need to visit the property to verify your application.
In addition to this grant, a further grant of £3,000 is available to businesses that can evidence their ability to trade has been severely impacted by the flooding. There is a separate section in the form for this.
How to apply
If you have already contacted us about the impact of flooding on your property, we will be contacting you directly over the coming week to discuss an application. For customers who have not already contacted us, you can apply in the following ways:
- Download and complete the Flooding assistance application form and email this with any evidence to email@example.com.
- Call 08456 08 09 19 and a member of the team will be able to help.
- Hand in your application form and any evidence to the Customer Service Centre at Marischal College or any Customer Access Point.
- Post in your application form and any evidence to: Team Leader (Flooding), Aberdeen City Council, Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AB
We aim to let you know the outcome of your application within a week of making the application or where necessary arrange an inspection of the property to support your application.