How can we help you...

What Should I Bring to My Appointment

You should bring your completed citizenship application form.

Form AN for adults and form MN1 for under 18s.  Application forms are updated regularly, please complete the latest edition before attending your NCS appointment.

These forms can be downloaded from the Home Office website;

You should also bring your evidence of 'Settled Status'.  This will be your 'Permanent Residence Card' for Europeans or your 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' for non-Europeans.

We will require to see your 'Pass Notification Letter' that confirms successful completion of the 'Life in the UK' test.  This test does not apply to under 18 applicants or over 65's.  Please note that the original will be retained and forwarded to the Home Office with your application.

We also require to see evidence of residence in the UK for the previous 5 years prior to the date your application will be received by the Home Office or 3 years for those applying based on marriage to a British Citizen.  (eg. Application received by Home Office 10th March 2016 - Passport/Alternative evidence required for 10th March 2011 (or 2013) to 10th March 2016)

Primary evidence of residence are passports.  If your passports were not valid for all of the 5 years (or 3 years) then alternative evidence of residence must be produced.  Please see the final 3 pages of Form AN for more information.

Further information on supporting documents will be provided when you contact the Nationality Checking Service to book an appointment.

At the appointment, your supporting documents will be photocopied and certified, ready for sending with your application to the Home Office.  All of your original documents will be returned to you at the appointment, except your 'Life in the UK' test, which is retained.

Return to Nationality Checking Service homepage