Content Related Links
Club Gaming Permits and Club Machine PermitsThere are 2 types of permit that a club can apply for:
1. Club Gaming Permit or
2. Club Machine Permit.
1. Club Gaming Permit
The Licensing Board may grant a Club Gaming Permit to members clubs (but not commercial clubs).
A Club Gaming Permit authorises the provision of:
Up to 3 gaming machines of category B, C or D (in any combination)
Equal chance gaming and
Prescribed games of chance
The Licensing Board cannot add conditions to the permit but the following will automatically apply:
- Only members or guests of members may participate in the gaming
- Nobody under the age of 18 has access to a category B or C gaming machine and
- The club complies with any codes of practice issued by the Gambling Commission about the location and operation of its gaming machines.
A Club Gaming Permit will allow clubs to offer gaming facilities as detailed above in addition to those they are allowed to offer under their exempt gaming allowance (Sections 269 & 270 of the Act).
2. Club Machine Permit
The Licensing Board may grant a Club Machine Permit to a Members Club or a Commercial Club.
A Club Machine Permit authorise the provision of: Up to 3 gaming machines, each of which must be of category B, C or D (in any combination).
Please refer to the Guidance notes before making an application.
Back to the Licensing home page.
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 6 L1S
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a gaming licence if I only have one or two fruit machines on my premises?
- How can I apply for a licence?
- Who decides whether or not I can have a licence?
- Who sets the fees for my licensing application?