How can we help you...

Licensing - Taxi Driver Licence

In terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, Aberdeen City Council requires all vehicles operating as a Taxi or a Private Hire Car to be licensed.  Drivers of these vehicles also require to hold a separate Taxi or Private Hire Car Driver's Licence.


Should you wish to lodge a complaint regarding taxis or private hire cars please contact the Litigation and Licensing Team, Legal and Democratic Services, Corporate Governance, Aberdeen City Council, Business Hub 6, Level 1 South, Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AB  or e-mail:

Back to the Licensing home page.


  • Licensing
    Legal services
    Corporate Governance
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 6 L1S
    Marischal College

    AB10 1AB
    Phone: (01224) 522878 or 522879

Frequently Asked Questions