In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Content Related Links
- Application for the Grant/Renewal of a Taxi Driver's Licence
- How to become a Taxi or Private Hire Car Driver Guidance Note
- Medical Exemption Policy and Procedure for Taxi and Private Hire Car Drivers for Wheelchair Passengers
- Medical Exemption Policy and Procedure for Taxi and Private Hire Car Drivers for carrying Assistance Dogs
- Street Knowledge Test Guidance Note
- Taxi Driver Conditions
Licensing - Taxi Driver Licence
In terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, Aberdeen City Council requires all vehicles operating as a Taxi or a Private Hire Car to be licensed. Drivers of these vehicles also require to hold a separate Taxi or Private Hire Car Driver's Licence.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint regarding taxis or private hire cars please contact the Litigation and Licensing Team, Legal and Democratic Services, Corporate Governance, Aberdeen City Council, Business Hub 6, Level 1 South, Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AB or e-mail: email@example.com
Back to the Licensing home page.
- Litigation and Licensing
Legal and Democratic Services
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 6 L1S
Frequently Asked Questions
- As a taxi driver, can I pick up passengers anywhere?
- Can I get a temporary taxi driver's licence?
- Do I have to have a normal driver's licence before I can apply for a taxi driver's licence?
- How can I apply for a licence?
- How long are taxi and private hire drivers licences valid for?
- How long does it take to get a licence?
- How much does it cost to get a Licence?
- If I am applying for a taxi licence, will the council ask the police about me?
- What conditions are attached to a taxi licence?
- What fares can I charge my taxi passengers?
- What is the difference between a Vehicle and a Driver's licence?
- Who decides whether or not I can have a licence?