Content Related Links
Licensing - Organising A Public Event
This guidance note has been produced to provide information, mainly on the licensing requirements in terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, for Community Events such as Community Galas, Summer Fairs etc. Licences/permissions from other agencies, such as a performing rights licence for the playing of music, may be required in addition to those described in this note.
- Part 1- Provides general guidance for planning an event
- Part 2 - Describes the category of licences that may be required.
- Part 3- Provides guidance on how to determine which category/categories of licence you require.
- Part 4 - Gives information on some other forms of licence which may be required.
This list is not exhaustive and it is the organiser's responsibility to consider fully the implications of any of the activities to be carried on at the event.
- Part 5 - Information on fees and application forms.
Organising a Public Event Guidance Note
Back to the Licensing home page.