Licensing Standards Officers (LSOs)
The Licensing Standards Officer has a specific remit under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 which includes:
- advising and assisting Licence holders and prospective Licence holders on the new legislation and on Aberdeen City Licensing Board policy;
- supervising compliance with the condition on which licences are granted and ensuring premises are being run in accordance with operating plans submitted to the Board for approval;
- providing a mediation service where disputes have arisen between the Licence holder or any other person(s); and
- issuing notices to Licence holders requiring any breach of condition to be remedied.
Licensing Standards Officers can also apply to the Licensing Board for a review of any Licence where there has been a failure to comply with a notice; and they are afforded powers to enter and inspect premises to ensure compliance with legislation and Board policy.
The new Licensing Act is based on principles which are aimed at protecting and promoting public safety, improving health and protecting children from harm. The role of the Licensing Standards Officer is seen as fundamental in ensuring the legislation delivers a social environment which is welcoming and safe for all.
Back to the Licensing home page.
- Environmental Health and Trading Standards
Housing and Environment
3rd Floor South
Phone: 01224 523800
Fax: 01224 523887