Content Related Links
Aberdeen City Council has a range of temporary accommodation available if you are:
- awaiting a homelessness assessment decision
- assessed as homeless or threatened with homelessness
- awaiting a decision on a case review
We have 300 temporary furnished flats available around the city for homeless people provided by Aberdeen City Council. In addition, we have furnished flats available through Housing Associations and private sector landlords.
We have 3 Accommodation Units (Bon Accord Street, Crown Street and St Fitticks) which provide accommodation in buildings that have shared facilities (cooking, bathrooms, sitting rooms, laundry, etc.). We also have to place some people in Bed & Breakfast establishments.
The Council will try to place you in temporary accommodation which is accessible to your work, school and family. However, given the pressures on the availability of appropriate accommodation this may not always be possible.
Resettlement Workers are available in all of our temporary accommodation to provide support where needed and to assist with moving to permanent accommodation.
Back to the Homelessness home page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If we are given temporary accommodation, will we be separated?
- Tell me about temporary accommodation.
- Will I be given temporary accommodation?