Content Related Links
Homelessness - Advice and Support
People become homeless for all sorts of reasons. If you are at risk of losing your home, can't stay where you are, or are worried that you will have to move out soon, we may be able to help you. We can give you advice and support around the options that may be available to you by clicking on the link below:
Below is a list of other help that might be useful:
- Homelessness Out of Hours Helpline - Tel: 08009176379.
This emergency service operates from 5pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday. During weekends and public holidays we provide a 24 hours service.
- Housing Support and Resettlement Service
- Shelter Scotland
- Free food: Times and Places to Collect Free Food
- Health: NHS Grampian - Marywell Health Centre
- Drugs/alcohol: Integrated Drug Service
- Drugs: Drugs Action
- Alcohol: Addaction
- Alcohol: Alcohol_Support
- Housing/Debt: Civil Legal Assistance Office
- Low cost furniture, carpets, etc: Instant Neighbour
- Free help: furniture – Somebody Cares
- Financial help: Grampian Credit Union or St Machar Credit Union - Credit Unions are a not-for-profit financial co-operative that is owned and controlled by its members. They can best be described as groups of people who save together and lend to each other at reasonable rates of interest, thus allowing each other the opportunity to gain greater control over their financial affairs.
Back to the Housing home page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the Council help me keep my home if I think I might lose it?
- I am homeless and I have no place to store my furniture. Can the council help me with the cost of furniture removal and storage?
- I have had to leave all my belongings in my old home and I am having to start again, is there any help I can get?
- My partner has been violent towards me and I've had enough. Can the council help me?
- What do 'homeless' and 'threatened with homelessness' mean?
- What should I do if I'm homeless or think I will become homeless?
- What is Housing Support?
- When I contact the Housing Advice Team to talk about my situation, what sort of questions will I be asked?
- I'm being evicted from my council property - what can I do?
- Where can I access more information on housing and homelessness?