Content Related Links
What is the Garden Maintenance Scheme?
- The Garden Maintenance Scheme is a scheme run by Aberdeen City Council to assist the elderly, disabled and tenants who are medically unable to maintain their gardens.
To whom is the scheme available?
- The scheme is available to Aberdeen City Council tenants who are elderly, disabled or medically unable to maintain their garden and do not have any other members of their household who are able to maintain their garden for them.
Is it available to private owners?
- No, the scheme is solely for Aberdeen City Council tenants.
Where do I apply?
- You apply through your Area Housing Officer at your local Housing Office or Access Point.
How much does the scheme cost?
- An administration fee of £75.60 is charged annually. This fee is non-refundable and payment is required in advance of any maintenance work being undertaken.
Is the scheme transferable (i.e. if I move house does the scheme move with me)?
We can help to answer any scheme-related questions. You can call in to see us, or call us on the following numbers if you prefer.
Please contact your local housing office between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m:
- Mastrick Access Point
- Tillydrone Area Housing Office 489500
- Woodside Access Point
- Marischal College Housing Office - 03000 200 292
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
Back to the Council Housing Repairs and Improvements home page.