Content Related Links
Sunday 19 June 2016, 10.00am - 5.30pm, Hazlehead Park Aberdeen
The Aberdeen Highland Games are an integral part of the Grampian Games circuit and are delivered under the auspices of the Scottish Highland Games Association.
Events and activities
There will be many stalls, events, family entertainment and displays at the 2016 Games including:
- Traditional Events
- Heavy events
- Solo piping
- Pipe band competition
- Track and field events
- Highland dancing
- Scottish tug-o-war championship 725kg
- Family friendly activities
There are many events taking places at the Games, from Caber Tossing, to Highland Dancing, to Piping. A comprehensive list of all the events and the entry requirements for competitors will be detailed in the Competitors Programme 2016, which will be published here once available.
- Purchase Highland Games tickets from Eventbrite.
- Save 10% by buying Early bird tickets before 31 May 2016.
- Save time by purchasing your tickets online in advance and go straight to the front of the queue when you arrive.
- Look out for discount codes on our City Events Facebook Page, leaflet and in Press & Journal adverts.
Ticket Prices on the day (cash only):
- 10.00am - 12 noon
Under 5's free
Family £20 (2 Adults & up to 3 children)
- After 12 noon
Under 5's free
Family £24 (2 Adults & up to 3 children)
Heavy Events, Track & Field and Tug-o-war
Entries are made via the Scottish Highland Games Association. Visit their website for full details and registration form.
Refreshments at the Games
- Food and drink will be available to purchase
- Beer tent (over 18's only)
There is free car parking at the Highland Games. In addition, the Number 11 Bus, operated by First Group, and Number X17 Bus, operated by Stagecoach, both pass near Hazlehead Park. Please see the relevant web page for bus times.
If you are planning on staying in Aberdeen whilst the Games take place, please visit the Aberdeen City and Shire Hotel Association where you will be able to locate accommodation to meet your requirements.
Get in touch
Should you require any further information regarding the Highland Games, please contact City Events or phone on 01224 522956 or email email@example.com