Holiday Playscheme Grants
Applications are considered by the Strategist, 0-7 and School Improvement, Education Culture and Sport.
- One grant per year will be awarded to each organisation;
- The maximum available grant is £1000.
Who can apply?
- Groups providing educational, social and recreational experience for children and young people during school holidays.
- Groups that operate for longer than two hours per day may be required to register with the Care Inspectorate. Please contact the local Care Inspectorate office on Tel 01224 793870
- A minimum charge of £1 per child per day is made or an equivalent amount raised by alternative means.
- The play-scheme day will be no longer than 6 hours.
- Groups offering full-time day-care in the private sector will not be funded;
- No award can be made to groups receiving funding from other organisations where it would result in the total funding exceeding requirements or where it would lead to a particular aspect of the organisationís work being double funded by the Council and or by another organisation.
How to apply?
Please complete: the Funding Application Form, Part 1: the Playscheme Application Form and a Playscheme Registration Form. You must complete and submit all three forms for your application to be considered and processed.
A final report of the playscheme, together with an audited statement of accounts must be submitted by the end of October in the year the grant is received. Reporting forms are available from the Pre-school Education Administrator
When to apply?
All applications should be submitted by the end of the 3rd week in April.
Downloadable Application Forms:
- Holiday Playscheme Grants - Funding Application Form
- Grants Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Holiday Playscheme Grants - Additional Information Form
- Holiday Playscheme Grants - Report Form
For advice or further information contact:
- Roy Flett
Early Learning and Childcare Administrator
Early Years Team
Aberdeen City Council
Frederick Street Centre
Tel: 01224 764828
Fax: 01224 764614
- Return to: A Guide to Education and Childrenís Services