How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Health and Accident Insurance

Aberdeen City Council does not hold insurance which would automatically compensate school pupils for personal accident, whether an accident occurs within or outwith the boundary of the school. Insurance of this nature, e.g. personal accident, life, private medical, is seen as a parental responsibility. It is your responsibility as a parent to insure your child for personal accident or death if you feel this is appropriate.

Parents should also consider insurance cover for pupils engaged in sports activities and participating in school trips.

Aberdeen City Council does hold Public Liability Insurance, which covers the Council for any legal liability in respect of claims from third parties, e.g. parents on behalf of pupils who have suffered injury, illness, loss or damage arising from the negligence of the Council or its employees. However, if there is no negligence, a claim would not be accepted by the Council.


  • Aberdeen City Council
    Marischal College
    Broad Street
    Aberdeen AB10 1AB
    Tel: 01224 52200

Back to the  home page.