Content Related Links
- Annual Report 2016
- Archival Transfer and Acquisitions Policy
- Public Surveys Summary Report 2016
- Searchroom Guidelines
Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Archives
Introducing the Archives and our services.
Guidance on how to view the records we hold.
Online images, catalogues and lists, transcriptions, and more.
News and What's On...
New funding to unlock secrets of city records
A new project to unlock the secrets of Aberdeen's Burgh Records has been awarded funding of £310,000.
Researchers have previously delved into the records to uncover tales of shipwrecks, piracy and even royal demands and the new funding, from the Leverhulme Trust, will enable them to analyse legal practices in the city - how was the law applied, who used it, when, and to what ends.
Commenting on the award, Phil Astley, Aberdeen City Council City Archivist, said "This is a tremendous opportunity for exciting new work with Aberdeen's important collections. It will enable new forms of access to these records, and open up new scope for local, national and international collaborations. We are pleased to be involved in this project which has such long-term potential to enhance Aberdeen's wider cultural offering".
For more information, visit the University of Aberdeen's page at: Leverhulme funding for burgh records
Window Shopping exhibition, 11th November to the 16th DecemberA selection of previously unpublished images will be shown in 17 Belmont Street (formerly One-Up) as part of a series of events celebrating the old shops of Union Street, George Street, Belmont Street and St Nicholas Street. Find out more at the event's Facebook page: Window Shopping
- Online payments page now live You can now make online payments and donations using our Archives Payments Page. Donations can be made at any time and will be put towards the conservation of the records. You will need a reference and an amount for research and copy payments, so please get in touch for a quote for these services first.
- Subscribe to our newsletter!
Sign up to the Archives Newsletter to receive updates about what we've been up to!
Aberdeen's medieval burgh records recognised by UNESCO
We are delighted by the inclusion of these records on the UK Register. For further information, visit the UNESCO UK Memory of the World website.
- Older news is available in our News Archive