Full-time Care workers
A full-time care worker must satisfy the following conditions to qualify for this disregard category:
- must provide care and/or support for an average of at least 35 hours per week.
- must be resident in the same dwelling as the person receiving care.
- must not be the spouse, or partner, of the patient. A parent cannot be treated as care worker if the patient is their child (under the age of 16).
- The cared for person must be in receipt of either of these State Benefits:
- Higher Rate Attendance Allowance
- An increase in the rate of Disablement Pension
- The highest rate of the care component of a Disability Living Allowance
- An increase in a Constant Care Attendance Allowance
Evidence requirements: Evidence of the patient's State Benefits must be provided along with the application form.
How to apply
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Back to the Discounts and Exemptions page.