How can we help you...

Job Related Dwelling

The job related dwellings that may qualify for this discount must be the resident's second home (they must have their main residence somewhere else). In order to qualify for discount, the dwelling must also be: 

  • provided as a second home to a person as part of their employment, for example a live in teacher or caretaker; or
  • owned as second homes by people who are required by their employment to occupy another dwelling, for example the second home of a publican who is required to live in other licensed premises as a tenant of a brewery.

A discount of 50% may be awarded.

This discount does not apply to properties, rented by employers for their employees to live in temporarily while they are temporarily working for their employer in Aberdeen. For example, an employee living and working in London for company ABC, would not qualify for discount if their employer ABC asks them to relocate to Aberdeen for a year and rents them a property here to live in.

How to apply

  • To apply for this exemption you need to apply in writing explaining your circumstances to the address given on the "Contact Us" link below.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to  Contact Us.

Back to the Discounts and Exemptions page.