How can we help you...

Persons under the age of 18 years

Council Tax only applies to adults (persons over the age of 18). If a property is solely occupied by people who have not reached this age, e.g. young single parents, exemption will apply until any person in the property is 18.

Once any occupant reaches the age of 18 they will then be liable to pay Council Tax. If you are aged 18 and have not yet received a Council Tax bill please contact the office as soon as possible.

Evidence required: Evidence (Birth certificate/passport) of the age of each occupant under the age of 18 will be required

How to apply

  • If you have received a bill but believe you are eligible for this exemption please contact us using the details given on the "Contact us" page linked to below.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to  Contact Us.

Back to the Discounts and Exemptions page.