How can we help you...

Trial Dwelling

Trial dwellings are used to give elderly or disabled people an opportunity to see whether they would like to move to a scheme (e.g. sheltered accommodation) permanently. People tend to reside in these properties for no more than a couple of months before making a decision. This only applies to properties which are owned by a housing body/ association. Exemption is unlimited.

If you are staying in a Trial Dwelling the Housing Body/Association will provide the necessary evidence so there should be no need to apply.

How to apply

  • If you have received a bill but believe you are eligible for this exemption please contact us using the details given on the "Contact us" page linked to below.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to  Contact Us.

Back to the Discounts and Exemptions page.