How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Related Links

Council Tax and Housing Benefit Fraud

From 1st of April 2015, responsibility for the prevention and detection of Housing and Council Tax benefit fraud passed from Aberdeen City Council to the Department of Work and Pensions.

Report fraud

If you have a suspicion that someone is committing benefit fraud, there are a number of ways to report it to the Department of Work and Pensions:

  • Call the DWP National Benefit Fraud helpline on 0800 854 440
    (textphone 0800 320 0512)
  • Complete an online form at
  • Write to:

PO Box 224

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Back to the Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit home page.