How can we help you...

Council Tax Change of Address

Aberdeen Beach If you move address you must notify us as soon as possible by:


Please note that we may contact you, your solicitor, landlord or leasing agent for further information.

You can also register for Council Tax or report a change of address via telephone - 03000 200 292 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm).

Once we have received all the information, your details will be updated and a new bill issued to you.

Information for Landlords

You should contact us each time a tenant moves in or out of one of your properties and if we write to you and ask you for information you must provide it within 21 days or you may be held liable. Information for Landlord Registration can be found on the Private Landlord Registration page.

The information provided to, and collected by, the Council for the administration of Council Tax may be used for the delivery of Council Services, where to do so is considered to be likely to enhance the efficiency and/ effectiveness with services are delivered.

The Council may check information that you provide, or that another organisation provides about you, with other information it holds. It may also get information about you from other organisations, or give information to them to check that the information is accurate, to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways, as allowed by law. These other organisations could include government departments, local authorities or private companies.

The Council will not release information about you to anyone outside the Council unless the law allows it to. It will use your information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.

A list of Council Services which make use of information collected on Council Tax forms are:

  • Housing Issues eg Housing Repairs, Landlord Registration Scheme
  • Housing Benefits
  • Educational Benefits
  • Free School Meals
  • Accord Card Eligibility
  • Entitlement to Right to Buy your Council House
  • Parking Issues e.g. Penalty Charge Notices, Bus Lane Charge Notices

Back to the Council Tax and Benefits home page.