Content Related Links
Free Public Wi-Fi
City Centre Masterplan
- City Centre Masterplan
- City Centre Masterplan Consultation Material
- City Centre Masterplan Map
- Exhibition & Consultation Brochure
- City Talks
- City Centre Masterplan: Your questions answered
City Region Deal
What is Shaping Aberdeen?
Shaping Aberdeen is for you, the citizens of Aberdeen.
Shaping Aberdeen is a long term plan of how we can make this economically buoyant city one we are proud to call home. Developed as a result of the Strategic Infrastructure Plan, Shaping Aberdeen will build upon already established strong foundations, demonstrating the city's strengths and ongoing improvement, with residents in mind.
Shaping Aberdeen has five main objectives, all driving towards a successful city.
Delivering affordable housing
- Remove the remaining barriers to bring forward developable land
- Deliver more affordable homes both for rent and sale
- Enable the private sector to deliver
- Increase the speed of the internet connectivity
- Increase coverage
- Reduce costs to allow wider participation
Moving Aberdeen forward
- Improve access to the airport
- Reduce congestion and journey times
Improve cross-city connections
Developing our future
- Attract and retain a workforce that meets Aberdeen's needs
- Equip the local workforce with the skills required for the local economy
- Make Aberdeen a more desirable location to live and visit
Investing in Aberdeen; transforming communities
- Boost the external appeal of the city as a place to live, visit and invest
- Encourage pride in calling Aberdeen home
- Celebrate and showcase existing strengths
Although these five objectives are the main focus for Shaping Aberdeen, projects are not restricted to these. We are working in partnership with private sector businesses, utility companies and national agencies to invest in the city's infrastructure and reignite the city's heart.
Shaping Aberdeen will be part of several development sites and projects across the city as we aim to put this global city on a world stage. It is both ambitious and bold but with strategic planning and prioritising investment and resources efficiently and effectively it will be achievable.