City Centre Masterplan
Councillors unanimously approved the City Centre Masterplan proposed by independent consultants BDP at their Full council meeting which took place 24 June 2015.
After extensive public and stakeholder engagement, in which more than 4000 people living and working in Aberdeen were involved, the proposed multi-million pound regeneration of Aberdeen City Centre has taken a major step forward. Councillors seized a once-in-a-generation opportunity to kick-start a 25-year regeneration programme for the city centre.
The projects include 12 community based initiatives, 13 infrastructure proposals, 13 economic outputs and 11 environmental developments across the city. Key housing, building, transportation and public realm concerns raised during the consultation process were taken in to consideration as the city gears up for the next 25 years and beyond.
Please see below a full list of the proposals and presentation that BDP presented at full council;
- BDP City Centre Masterplan Presentation
- City Centre Masterplan - Executive Summary
- City Centre Masterplan Report
- Denburn Valley Design Workbook
- City Centre Masterplan - Stakeholder Consultation Report
- City Centre Masterplan - Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan
- City Centre Masterplan - Delivery Structures
- Baseline Paper: Culture, Tourism & Visitor Economy Review
- Baseline Paper: Flood Risk & Baseline Drainage Assessment
- Baseline Paper: Peer Cities Review
- Baseline Paper: Property Market Review
- Baseline Paper: Socio- Economic Review
- Baseline Paper: Townscape Review
- Baseline Paper: Transport Review
Baseline Paper: Baseline Summary
To view previous exhibition and consultation material please visit; City Centre Masterplan Consultation Material
Return to Shaping Aberdeen: Regeneration