Previous AECC Public Consultations
More than 1,000 people took part in the first phase of public consultation, with the majority of respondents voicing support for the development of the new AECC and the range of uses proposed for the Bucksburn site:
- 72 percent voiced support for the evolving design of the new AECC;
- 70 percent said they agreed with the proposed range of uses for the Bucksburn site;
- 85 percent stated that the Bucksburn site should include more scope for walking, cycling and recreational pursuits.
The response to plans for the redevelopment of the Bridge of Don site was split:
- 45 percent said they agreed with the range of proposed uses for the site, while 45 percent said they disagreed;
- Suggestions made by the public for revised plans for the Bridge of Don site included sports, business and retail facilities, as well as housing and schools.
Henry Boot Developments regional manager Nick Harris said: "We've listened closely to the many views expressed during the first round of consultations and I think people will be very interested to see our updated images and plans and to see the changes we've made."
The second round of public consultation exhibitions were held in Bucksburn, Bridge of Don and the city centre in September. These events were well attended with consultations closing on 27 September. The master plan for the new AECC site at Bucksburn is expected to be submitted in the coming weeks and considered early 2015.
Councillor Angela Taylor said: "The proposed redevelopment of the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre is identified as a key project in our agreed Strategic Infrastructure Plan, which focuses on the development of the enabling infrastructure needed to realise Aberdeen's aspirations by ensuring sustainable economic growth.
"It will help to drive Aberdeen's continued sustainable economic growth and development by securing more and bigger business, conference, and entertainment events for the city."
Further information please visit www.aeccevolves.co.uk
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Return to Shaping Aberdeen: Image & Regeneration