How can we help you...

Complaints against Councillors and External Members

Complaints against Councillors should be referred to The Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland (CESPLS).  Please visit the Public Standards Commissioner website for more information

Complaints against External Committee Members should be made in writing to the Head of Legal and Democratic Services. 

External Members are anyone who is on a committee and isn't a Councillor.  This includes Church representatives, Parent representatives, Teacher representatives and so on.

Please clearly state what section of the Councillor’s Code of Conduct you feel the External Member has breached, and when the breach occurred.  Anonymous complaints cannot be considered for this procedure, unfortunately.

Please write to: Head of Legal and Democratic Services, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AQ or email:


Return to the Corporate Complaints Procedure page.