Content Related Links
After eight years work on the Race Equality Scheme we have now built some confidence and good understanding of general issues facing our ethnic minority communities and we continue to invest in the best ways to tackle those issues.
Our priorities continue to be:
- Continuing membership of the European Coalition of Cities Against Racism and committing to its 10 point action plan
- Supporting the efforts to challenge and eliminate prejudice incidents throughout the city through the Aberdeen Prejudice Incidents Partnership.
- Providing an Interpreting, Translation and Communication support service
- Contributing to employing an ethnic minority housing outreach worker
- Supporting the Ethnic Minority Forum to hold consultation, information and awareness events
- Engaging, working with and recognising our partners and contributing financially to voluntary sector organisations such as Grampian Racial Equality Council, the International Centre and Multi Ethnic Aberdeen Ltd.
Our policy is to involve people from different ethnic backgrounds in our planning and in our delivery of services and the following groups help contribute to this work:
- Aberdeen International Centre
- Grampian Regional Equality Council
- Multi Ethnic Aberdeen Limited
- We also engage with smaller groups such as The Aberdeen Muslim Women's Association
- Sandra Bruce
Customer Service and Performance
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
2nd Floor North
Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
Direct Dial: 01224 523039
Back to the Equality and Diversity home page.