Older People’s Working Group
Who we are and what we do
The Scottish Executive defines older people as 50+; however within this age group there are many diverse interests and needs.
The Older People's Working Group provides a formal mechanism to ensure that the wide interests of older people are included and addressed in all areas of Corporate and Community Planning in the city.
The purpose of this group is to consider the broad interests of older people including:
- 1. Supporting older people's representation in community planning and regeneration;
- 2. Improving quality of life for older people;
- 3. Improving services for older people; and
- 4. Tackling age discrimination.
Members of the group:
- Aberdeen City Council
- Aberdeen Safer Community Trust
- Grampian 50+ Network
- Grampian Police
- Grampian Senior Citizens Forum
- NHS Grampian
- Older People's Consultation & Monitoring Group
- Pension Service
- The University of the Third Age (U3A)
- Voluntary Service Aberdeen (VSA)
- VSA Carers Service
- Aberdeen Action on Disability
- Aberdeen Prejudice Incident Partnership
- Making Aberdeen an Age Friendly City for Older People 2011 - 2014
- Baldeep McGarry
Development Officer (Older People)
Tel: (01224) 523515
Back to the Equality and Diversity home page.