Youth Activities Small Grants Fund
This fund has been very successful and many awards have been made since 2005. The aim of the funding is to support children and young people by enabling them to apply for a small amount of funding to help them develop and to take part in activities that might not otherwise be available for them.
The fund will offer young people opportunities to contribute to their own communities and to the life of the city. Successful applicants are likely to benefit in terms of gaining experience, confidence and skills.
Applications will be considered and decisions made by members of the Aberdeen City Youth Council (YC) and local Councillors.
Who Can Apply?
The criteria have deliberately been left very open so that your application will be bound only by your own imagination.
- Children and young people must be actively involved in making the application and in the project idea.
- Funding is not available for individuals.
- Group members must live in Aberdeen.
- Groups applying for funding must be a voluntary organisation as defined by the Council's Voluntary Sector Policy.
- Applicants will be voluntary, community and school groups working with children and young people aged 12-25 years.
- Staff costs will not normally be funded.
- The usual maximum grant available is £1,500.
- One award will be made per group per year.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- For groups that have had grants in previous years consideration will be given to applications to further develop previously funded ideas or for new projects.
- Applications must not duplicate diversionary activities supported through the Community Safety Partnership, the Aberdeen City Alcohol & Drugs Partnership (ADP), the Communities Youth Work Team or Enterprise in Education.
How to Apply
Closing dates are:
- 11 April 2017
- 06 June 2017
- 12 September 2017
- 31 October 2017
- 16 January 2018
- Rhona Whyte
Education and Children's Services
Aberdeen City Council
Mile End School
Telephone: 01224 498131
Back to the Equality and Diversity home page.
This page contains links to PDF documents. These documents can be opened using Adobe Reader which is free to download from the Adobe website.