Information for Voters
Local Government Election 2017
Make Sure You Are Registered To VoteVisit our page on registration for more information.
About This Election
Local Government (Council) elections are operated under the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system.
Voters use numbers to mark their ballot paper ranking candidates in preferential order.
More information about this - Single Transferable Vote explained.
Aberdeen City Council Wards
The Aberdeen City Council area is covered by 13 multi-member wards:
- Ward 1. Dyce/Bucksburn/Danestone (4 councillors) Ward 1 map
- Ward 2. Bridge of Don (4 councillors) Ward 2 Map
- Ward 3. Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill (3 councillors) Ward 3 Map
- Ward 4. Northfield/Mastrick North (3 councillors) Ward 4 Map
- Ward 5. Hilton/Woodside/Stockethill (3 councillors) Ward 5 Map
- Ward 6. Tillydrone/Seaton/Old Aberdeen (3 councillors) Ward 6 Map
- Ward 7. Midstocket/Rosemount (3 councillors) Ward 7 Map
- Ward 8. George St/Harbour (4 councillors) Ward 8 Map
- Ward 9. Lower Deeside (3 councillors) Ward 9 Map
- Ward 10. Hazlehead/Queens Cross/Countesswells (4 councillors) Ward 10 Map
- Ward 11. Airyhall/Broomhill/Garthdee (3 councillors) Ward 11 Map
- Ward 12. Torry/Ferryhill (4 councillors) Ward 12 Map
- Ward 13. Kincorth/Nigg/Cove (4 councillors) Ward 13 Map
Where do I Vote?
If you are not registered to vote by post, you will vote at your designated Polling Station, on Polling Day. You must attend during the hours of poll which are between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm.
To find out which Polling Station you will need to attend, you can download an alphabetical copy of addresses and their associated polling station from the links below:
Please note: If your address does not appear in the first list then check the other. The rural addresses list are properties that do not appear on a named street. They are in alphabetical order of house name. Please check the addresses column where listed - there are instances where sections of the same street go to a different polling place.
You can also phone the Election Office on 01224 523501 or email: email@example.com
The location of your Polling Station will also be displayed on your Poll Card. You will be sent this shortly before Polling Day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to LG2017 - FAQs
Resources for people who have learning disabilitiesEnable Scotland's Enable the Vote initiative helps people who have learning disabilities to use their vote. You can read their guides using the links below:
- Voting Factsheet
- Voting in the Council Elections
- A Guide for Family Carers and Supporters
- A Guide for Other Organisations
Office of Chief Executive
Aberdeen, AB10 1FY
Phone: 01224 523501
All information on this page is published on behalf of the Returning Officer
Back to Local Government Election 2017 home page.