Content Related Links
- Proposal Document Tillydrone and Old Aberdeen 2016
- Polska wersja dokumentu konsultacyjnego
- Lietuvos versija konsultaciniame dokumente
- Site Location Appendix A
- Current School Zone Appendix B
- St Peter's RC School Zone Appendix C
- Proposed School Zones (Option A) Appendix D
- Comments Form Tillydrone Old Aberdeen Consultation
- Polska wersja Formularza komentarzy
- Letter to Parents of School Pupils
- List do rodzicˇw uczniˇw
- Laikai tŰvai moksleivi°
- Letter to Parents of Nursery Pupils
- List do Rodzicˇw Przedszkola uczniˇw
- Laikas tŰvams dar■elio mokini°
Statutory Consultation on Proposed New Primary School in Tillydrone Old Aberdeen Area 2016
This Consultation is now closed.
View Committee report and decisions on this consultation:
Read the consultation report:
- Email Submissions
- Submissions made Online via Survey Monkey
- Additional Responses summarised from Children's hard copy submissions
- Response from Roman Catholic Diocese
- Feedback from Public Meetings
- Riverbank Parent Council Response
- Tillydrone Community Council Submission
- Old Aberdeen Community Council Response
- St Peters Parent Council Response
- St Peters Parent Council Survey Results
- St Peters School Staff Response
Aberdeen City Council is proposing:
- To construct a new school building on the site of the former St. Machar School and former Tillydrone School, to relocate St Peter's RC School to this new building, and to create a new shared campus on this site, incorporating St. Peter's RC School, a new one-stream non-denominational school, and early education and childcare facilities; and:
- To create a new primary school zone to be served by the new non-denominational school (as shown in Appendix D), with effect from August 2019; and:
- To amend the existing Riverbank School zone (as shown in Appendix D) to allow for the creation of the new school zone, with effect from August 2019; and:
- The new school building to be operational with effect from 1st January 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- To construct a new three stream non-denominational school building with early education and childcare facilities on the site of the former St. Machar School and former Tillydrone School, and to relocate Riverbank School to this new building; and:
- To relocate St. Peter's School into the current Riverbank School building; and:
- The new school building and relocated schools to be operational with effect from January 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
A period of statutory consultation commences on Monday 24 October 2016 and ends on Friday 9 December 2016 (inclusive), which represents 34 school days.
Public meetings to discuss the proposals will take place on:
- Tuesday 29th November 2016, 7pm to 8pm at St Peter's School
- Wednesday 30th November 2016, 7pm to 8pm at St Peter's School
- Thursday 1st December, 7pm to 8pm at Riverbank School
- Wednesday 7th December, 3.30pm to 4.30pm at St Peter's School
- Thursday 8th December, 3.30pm to 4.30pm at Riverbank School
Other requests from relevant partner organisations will be considered by officers as appropriate.
Availability of Documents:
A copy of the statutory consultation document will be available for public consultation during the period of consultation at the following venues:
St. Peter's RC School
St. Machar Academy
Submission of Views:
Submit your views online using our survey monkey comments form
Any written observations should be sent to:
Tillydrone/Old Aberdeen Consultation
Education and Children's Services
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Second Floor North
or by email to
All submissions shall be published on the Aberdeen City Council web site and within subsequent reports to committee. Respondents are requested to avoid the inclusion of personal information such as children's names, medical conditions etc within their responses.
All submissions expressing views on the proposals detailed in this document should be made in writing or by email by 5.00pm Friday 9 December, 2016.
It is intended to respond to issues raised from correspondence within a report presented to a special Committee in February 2017. This will provide information for Elected Members to make a final decision on the proposal.