Consultation Report - Statutory consultation on the provision for children with severe and complex additional support needs in Aberdeen Bookings and lettings consultation (CLOSED, ARCHIVE CONSULTATION)
The following Schools are affected by this Consultation Report:
- Hazlewood School
- Raeden Nursery School
- Woodlands School
This is a Consultation Report prepared in compliance with the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010 on the following proposals to:
- redesign services for children aged 3 18 years with additional support needs arising from severe and complex factors;
- build a new specialist campus for those children on the site of the Raeden Development Centre. The campus would provide education for at least 120 pupils, to include 16 part-time nursery places and 104 places across primary and secondary;
- create three new nursery support bases for children with additional support needs at Kaimhill School; Seaton School; and Ashgrove Children's Centre;
- enter into partnership with Voluntary Service Aberdeen (VSA) for the provision of childcare and pre-school education at the Maisie Munro Centre; and
- close Raeden Nursery, Hazlewood School and Woodlands School.
The purpose of the report is to provide:
- a record of the total number of written responses made during the Statutory Consultation period;
- a summary of the written responses;
- a summary of oral representations made at the public meetings held on 17, 18, 19 & 20 January 2011;
- a statement of the Education, Culture and Sport Directorate's response to those written and oral representations;
- the full text of Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education report and a statement of the Education, Culture and Sport Directorate's response to this report;
- details of any omission from, or inaccuracy in, the Proposal Paper and state how the Council acted upon it;
- an explanation of how representations can be made to the Scottish Ministers in terms of Section 15(4) of the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010;
- information how the Council reviewed the above proposal following the representations received during the Statutory Consultation period and the report from Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education; and
- information how the Council has complied with the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010 when reviewing the above proposals.
Download the report
- Download a copy of the report.
This Consultation Report has been issued by Aberdeen City Council Education, Culture and Sport Directorate in accordance with the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010.
Back to the Current Consultations home page.