St Machar Associated School Group Review
Aberdeen City Council is currently reviewing the education provision within the St Machar ASG.We need your views on our service:
- What are we doing well?
- What can we improve?
- What's missing?
- What additional services are needed?
- How should services connect to schools?
If you'd like to take part, please read the information below and use the 'Have Your Say' form to tell us what you think.
The St Machar ASG includes the following:-
- Hanover Street School
- Causwayend School
- Seaton School
- St Peter's Roman Catholic
- Kittybrewster School
- Donbank School
- St Machar School
- St Machar Academy
- Cornhill Nursery / Primary School
- Smithfield School
- St Peter's Nursery School
- Ashgrove Children's Centre
- Aberdeen School for the Deaf
- English as an Additional Language Service
We are reviewing the St Machar ASG education provision to ensure we provide the best education service within our communities in this time of changing public services and closer working with our partners.
We intend to provide a service that raises the attainment and achievement of our young people by recognising our wider role in the local community and how this role enhances the delivery of learning and teaching.
We recognise our contribution in encouraging every citizen to reach their full potential and we strive to ensure that our service embraces an integrated and inclusive approach which involves families and communities more directly with children's learning.
We aim to provide a service fit for the 21st century for pupils, families and staff served by the St Machar ASG establishments. This will sit at the heart of the community, deliver best value and address the needs and aspirations of all involved.
Our main objectives are to:-
- increase the educational attainment and achievement of our young people
- build upon our existing good practices and engage more with families and stakeholders
- improve the health of our young people
- promote respect for self and others
- increase the self-esteem and self-confidence in individuals
- build value and respect for the cultural diversity of our community
- build confidence in our communities
- prepare our young people for later life
- share ideas and expertise through working in partnership with other stakeholders
- develop local solutions to local needs
A series of public events were held throughout May to give you the opportunity to tell us your views and three more events have now been organised for June.
Wednesday 2 June - 2.30 - 4.00 pm
Woodside School, Clifton Road
A Crèche is available and a place can be booked on 01224 484778
Friday 11 June - 9.15 - 10.45 am
St Machar Primary School, Harris Drive
A Crèche is available and a place can be booked on 01224 484254
Wednesday 16 June - 9.15 - 10.45 am
Kittybrewster School, Great Northern Road
A Crèche is available and a place can be booked on 01224 484451
To have your views heard please come to one of these events. You can also write to:- St Machar ASG Review, FREEPOST, Aberdeen City Council, Neighbourhood Services Central, St Nicholas House, Aberdeen AB10 1EY or leave your views on our comment line on 01224 523908.