Content Related Links
Taking part in or creating a petition is one way that individuals, community groups and organisations can get involved in what the Council does. It allows people to raise issues of public concern and gives Councillors the opportunity to consider the need for change. Our aim is to make Aberdeen City Council as inclusive and accessible as possible. Aberdeen City Council will accept electronic or paper petitions.
Guidance Documents and Forms
Before you submit a petition please read the guidance documents available below: The number of signatures required has been reduced from 250 to 100.
There are two versions of the petitions form, one for individuals and one for local businesses, voluntary organisations, social enterprise companies or Community Planning Partners. Paper petitions will not be available online.
- Petition Submitted by Individuals
- Petition Submitted by a Local Business, Voluntary Organisations, Social Enterprise Companies or Community Planning Partners
Please note that on receipt of your petition, you will receive an automated acknowledgement. We will then aim to respond to you within 14 days - this allows time for checks which must be undertaken in relation to competency.
Deadlines for Submission
The Petitions Committee will consider any valid petition at their next scheduled meeting.
Petitions Committee - 7 June 2017 - 2pm
Petitions need to have reached the required 100 signatures by27 May 2017
Petitions Committee - 19 September 2017 - 2pm
Petitions need to have reached the required 100 signatures by 8 September 2017
Petitions Committee - 9 November 2017 - 2pm
Petitions need to have reached the required 100 signatures by 30 October 2017
The Petitions Committee can make one of the following decisions:
- take no action and advise the lead petitioner of the Committee's reasoning; or
- agree that the matter be subject of a report to the relevant Committee(s) – petitions can be referred with or without a recommendation; or
- refer the matter to a relevant organisation with or without a recommendation.
To find out more about the Petitions Committee and when it meets please go to the Petitions Committee web page.
Back to Petitions Home Page
- Clerk to the Petitions Committee
Aberdeen City Council
Phone: 01224 523054