Content Related Links
Customer Service Standards
Aberdeen City Council strives to focus on the needs of our customers. Therefore we work to provide high-quality services and information for our citizens.
When dealing with you, we will:
- treat you politely and not discriminate because of race, religion, age, gender, sexuality or disability; and
- listen to your views and give feedback when you request it.
When we receive your written communications, we will:
- acknowledge receipt of letters, emails and faxes within 5 working days;
- respond in full within 15 working days or write to you explaining why there will be a delay; and
- ensure our responses are written in plain English and provide a quality response, addressing all of the issues raised.
When dealing with your telephone calls, we will:
- greet you politely and clearly giving you our name and the name of the service that we work for;
- where possible we will return phone calls within two working days.
We will make sure all our corporate documents/leaflets, etc. are:
- kept up to date;
- in plain English and do not use jargon;
- accessible by the visually impaired and those for whom English is not their first language; and
- made available on the Aberdeen City Council website.
When you visit Council premises you will find:
- reception areas clean, tidy and as accessible as possible; and
- our employees wearing identification badges at all times.
If you experience service from Aberdeen City Council which does not meet any of these standards, we would like to know about it so that we can make improvements.
Please via this website or you can contact us by phoning *08456 08 09 10 or 01224 522 000.
*The only charge for this call will be your phone company's access charge.