Contact us by telephone
Our 0845 and 01224 phone numbers have been replaced with 03000 numbers. The new numbers are cheaper to call and cost no more than a local rate phone call.
For most customers these calls will be FREE. If you have 'free minutes' in your call plan, the 03000 numbers will be included in this.
Calls from a BT line cost 11p per minute, the same as a local call.
Dial 03000 200 292 for general enquiries about these services below
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
*EMERGENCY OUT OF HOURS SERVICES: waste and recycling, roads and street lighting, trees, grounds and parks, housing repairs and environmental health can be reached by dialling the same number, 03000 200 292.
- Make a payment (automated)*
- Housing & housing repairs*
- Council tax, benefits and business rates
- Waste* and environment*
- Planning, environmental health* and trading standards
- Parking, roads*, streets* and transport
- Registrars, bereavement and archives (Open from 08.30am - 5pm)
Don't forget you can make payments, report faults and manage your council tax online.
Call 03000 200 293 for Education & Culture enquiries
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Accord card & national entitlement cards
- Libraries (loans, renewals and general enquiries)
- Museums & galleries Pupil welfare and grants
- School transport
- Free school meals
- Family Information Service
Please note individual school telephone numbers remain the same.
Call 03000 200 291 for our Switchboard
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Call the switchboard if you know the name of the member of staff you need to speak to or wish to contact these teams and services.
- City Events
- Elections Unit
- Freedom of Information Enquiries
- Home Energy Conservation
- International Relations and External Funding
- Press and Media Enquiries
- Property Enquiries Service
- Tenant and Community Engagement Team
Emergency Freephone Numbers
- Anti-Social Behaviour (9am-4am) - 0800 0510 434
- Crisis Grants (Scottish Welfare Fund, 8am-6pm) - 0800 0304 713
- Homelessness (24 hour) - 0800 9176 379
- Social Work (First point of contact, 24 hour) - 0800 7315 520
If you are deaf or have a hearing impairment you can still communicate with the Council's central office at Marischal College. Staff will be pleased to pass your message to the appropriate service/s. Minicom is available by calling 01224 52 23 81 between 8.30am and 5pm.
Back to the Contact Us page.