This five-acre park is popular with locals and is mainly laid out with large open grassy areas. Mature deciduous woodland bound the park, w hich in turn is enclosed by a granite wall. It is a fantastic open space amenity with an informal football area at the north of the park and a children's play area near the entrance from Hilton Road.
The site was bought by the Council from funds bequeathed by the widow of Mr John Taylor, a merchant in the city, and opened to the public in 1894. It is named after a former Lord Provost of the city, Sir David Stewart.
Two curios in the park are whale jaw bones presented to the park in 1903 by the Captain of the Arctic whaler Benbow, and an intricate fountain designed as a replica of an Italian lavabo which was sculptured by Arthur Taylor of Jute Street, Aberdeen.
Address: Stewart Park, Hilton Road, Aberdeen
Park is open at all times
First Bus: First Bus, Aberdeen
- Environmental Services
38 Powis Terrace
Phone: 01224 219281